Before the interview…
- Review the LinkedIn company page, and Facebook page, for their latest postings and company developments
- Check if they are on Glass Door and read their reviews
- Search the company name to see if they’ve been mentioned in the media recently
- Look at the company website, particularly the news section, client testimonials and the careers page. This will give you a good insight into how they operate and what it will be like working there. How do they engage with employees?
Obvious, but worth mentioning!
- Check your journey/route
- Never arrive late!
- Switch off your mobile ‘phone before you enter the building
- Always let the interviewer finish speaking before you answer
- Avoid talking about work conflict and discrediting your current/previous employers
- Make eye contact with the interviewer and smile as you greet them with a warm and firm handshake
- Take your time answering questions, speak clearly and at a steady pace
You can find many more useful suggestions and tips in our candidate newsletter, please click the download link below.