Five Tips for Interview Success
1. First impressions count The saying goes that an interviewer makes a subconscious decision as to whether they like you and whether you will be a good fit for the team within the first 30 seconds of meeting you, so be aware of your body language. Ensure you greet the interviewer with a smile a firm handshake and most importantly make eye contact.
2. Be prepared Re-read your CV and the job advert just before the interview so it is fresh in your mind. Do your research thoroughly, don't just look at the company web site, make sure you carry out a google search to see if they have any recent accolades or achievements that may be of interest, check out the interviewers LinkedIn profiles, research their competitors, make sure you feel fully briefed on their company and industry. Also, find out where the venue is beforehand, how to get there and how long it takes.
3. Keep it to the point Always take a moment to prepare your answer so it is directed well, concise, answers the question fully and professionally - don’t waffle! Have examples of your career available to share, bringing your answers to life and demonstrating a full understanding of the question
4. Why are you the best person for the job? Cameo’s adverts will usually mention the attributes, key skills and experience our clients are looking for, as well as details about the company culture. Ensure you prepare specific examples of how you can demonstrate these points. Be ready to talk about your knowledge and experience to date and make sure it’s relevant to the specific job and company on offer.
5. Be positive, be yourself, and be professional Be mindful your potential future employer will be working out what sort of person you are to work alongside and will be assessing the energy you will bring to the existing team to complement their skill set and team culture. Be aware, if an interview is feeling more relaxed and less formal, don't drop your professionalism or relax too much. It is still an interview after all!
#CameoConsultancy #CameoNew #RecruitmentExperts
Read other News Articles