- Reference: JO0000005315_1634490010
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Crawley, West Sussex
- Skills: site operative, construction, security, buildng
- Industry: Building and Construction
Accountable to: Site Supervisor
Salary: £22,800 - £25,400 the role is full time and permanent, covering southern UK. Ideally situated within easy reach of the M25.
42.5 hour contract
To work on a variety of sites delivering and installing the company's products, ensuring compliance with Construction Industry Codes of Practice, Company Procedures, Relevant Safety Standards and Client requirements.
Health, Safety & Environment
Be familiar with and demonstrate a commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety & Environmental Policies.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities for the Site Operative:
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time to meet the needs of the company, but accountabilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- To carry out a range of tasks on various sites such as erecting and dismantling temporary wooden hoarding panels, installing and dismantling temporary metal fencing panels and plastic barriers, installing CCTV and boarding up properties
- To load/unload equipment
- To comply with specific Risk Assessments and method statements for construction activities
- To adhere to Company Policies, Codes of Practice and carry out the work in a safe and effective manner
- To liaise with customers at site level effectively and promote customer satisfaction
- Attend weekly/monthly team briefings as required
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and that actions taken do not endanger yourself or others
- Co-operate with management and ensure all works are carried out to a high-quality
- Wear all PPE as required by company procedure
- Inspect and report daily any defects to tools and equipment directly to the Operations Manager
- Report any hazards, near misses, accidents, incidents as soon as possible to the Operations Manager
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
- To carry out any other duties appropriate for this post
The role requires the post holder to be physically fit and able to lift and carry equipment following Health & Safety procedure.
The role may require working antisocial hours and on occasions being away from home for a few days.
Level of Knowledge and Experience for the Site Operative:
Familiar with working on construction site and advantage
- Ideally have First Aid and CSCS but not essential
Ability to gain trust and respect of team members and customers to develop relationships
- Working independently to plan and organize daily tasks
- Good communication skills
- Physically dextrous to handle loading and unloading tasks
- Numeracy - Working with numbers to perform calculations
- Thinking Skills - Finding and evaluating information to make decisions and solve problems
- Aware of personal strength and development needs
- To be able to follow written instructions
- To be comfortable working at heights
- A willingness to listen, take instruction and work as part of a team is essential
- To have a good practical ability
- Good time keeping and reliability
Please note: Employ Direct is an advertising service and a subsidiary of Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Ltd. Should you be successful in being shortlisted for this role, your CV will be forwarded directly to our client. If they would like to progress through to interview stage, our client will contact you directly. All third party applications will be forwarded to Cameo Consultancy.
Show more vacancies