- Reference: JO0000005314_1634490010
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Croydon, London
- Skills: site supervisor, construction, manager, security
- Industry: Building and Construction
£28,000 - £31,000. The role is full time and permanent, based in the south, with easy access to London and the south of the UK.
To undertake and oversee works carried out on multiple sites, by supervising the work carried out by site operatives and sub-contractors by controlling materials/plant, ensuring compliance with Construction Industry Codes of Practice, Company Procedures, Relevant Safety Standards and Client requirements.
Health, safety & Environment:
Be familiar with and demonstrate a commitment to the requirements of the Health & Safety & Environmental Policies.
Ensure that all relevant information contained within these policies is communicated to staff and sub-contractors prior going on site.
Principle Duties & Accountabilities for the Site Supervisor:
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the company, but accountabilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- To comply with specific risk assessments and method statements for construction activities
- Ensure all team members and sub-contractors adhere to Company Policies, Codes of Practice and carry out the work in a safe and effective manner
- Liaise with customers at site level effectively and promote customer satisfaction
- Conduct Toolbox Talks as and when necessary
- Attend weekly/monthly team briefings
- Ensure all work is carried out safely and that actions taken do not endanger yourself or others
- Co-operate with management and ensure all works are carried out to a high quality and conform to Industry Standards
- Wear all PPE as required by company procedure and ensure all staff and sub-contractors are also provided with and using adequate PPE for the job
- Ensure that company equipment, vehicles, tools & equipment are maintained to a satisfactory standard, report any defects directly to the Operations Manager
- Report any hazards, near misses, accidents, incidents as soon as possible to the Operations Manager
- Ensure that anyone working or providing a service for does not operate any plant equipment unless adequately trained, appropriately certificated and authorised
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping
- To carry out any other duties appropriate for this post
The role requires the post holder to be able to lift and carry equipment following Health & Safety procedure.
The role may require working antisocial hours and on occasions being away from home for a few days
Level of Knowledge and Experience for the Site Supervisor:
Knowledge of site operations
Good knowledge of Health and Safety regulations
Demonstrable experience of managing a team
Ideally have First Aid and CSCS but not essential
Driving licence essential
- Ability to lead a team and take control of most everyday situations, assuming responsibility - organising and guiding where necessary
- Ability to analyse situations and make decisions accordingly
- Hoarding or fencing experience would be an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in order to influence the actions of others
- Ability to gain trust and respect of team members and customers in order to develop relationships
- Be able to carry out site risk assessments
- Aware of personal strength and development needs
- Initiative - Anticipates problems and makes informed decisions. Organises own and others workload
Please note: Employ Direct is an advertising service and a subsidiary of Cameo Consultancy (Recruitment) Ltd. Should you be successful in being shortlisted for this role, your CV will be forwarded directly to our client. If they would like to progress through to interview stage, our client will contact you directly. All third party applications will be forwarded to Cameo Consultancy.
Show more vacancies