- Reference: JO0000005271_1633704746
- Job Type: Permanent
- Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Skills: finance, cost accountant, SAP, manufacturing
- Industry: Accountancy
As UK Finance Manager, you will be joining a global company with a primary responsibility of providing business support for the UK, ensuring it is compliant with local regulations, and the financial statements show a true and fair view of the business. This is a full time, permanent position, based near Manchester, with excellent benefits including a competitive bonus and pension.
You will be reporting into the European Finance Director, and responsible for a small finance team, including: a UK Financial Accountant, as well as the UK Credit and Collections team.
As UK Finance Manager for the UK, you will be responsible for:
- Business Support: Working closely with the business to offer commercial support to both the European FD and UK General Manager
- Being proactive and identifying opportunities to enhance revenue and reduce costs where possible, as well as opportunities for operational efficiencies across the organisation
- Managing the budgeting and forecasting process and playing an important role in challenging the organisation to optimise results
- Measuring and analyzing productivity, production performance versus standard cost and minimize differences
- Ensuring the systematic and timely reporting of financial and operating results, including variance analysis on P+L
- Translating the financial results into solid business recommendations and action plans, incl. follow up with the responsible departments
- Ensuring the processes for posting accurate statutory and financial accounts are well managed according to the local company law, US GAAP, taxation law and relevant accounting standards and to provide, on a monthly basis
- Ensuring continued compliance as well as interfacing with internal and external audit teams
- Working closely with the Shared Center Teams by providing guidance on various accounting matters, facilitating any process improvement initiatives and helping resolve any issues
- Analysing and evaluating business projects (e.g. investments), ensure they meet financial targets and improve the performance of the division;
You must be/have:
- A finance professional with a strong business sense, having strong technical skills in controlling and financial management
- 7 to 10 years work experience in a financial management role in an international organisation
- A problem solver and a self-starter, can work independently and take initiatives
- Familiar with modern frequently used software incl. SAP, Excel etc.
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP, local GAAP, income tax regulation, VAT regulation
- Good leadership skills including the ability to set objectives, prioritise activities, and at the same time develop, inspire and motivate people
- Someone who approaches work as a continuous learning opportunity
- A financial education, university degree or comparable through experience, with special focus on accounting or financing
- Ethics & Guiding Values: Never compromises integrity
What's in it for you?
A salary of £55,000 - £60,000 DOE, plus competitive bonus, pension, and number of other great benefits.
Show more vacancies